Careers at POSCO AAPC
Careers at POSCO AAPC
Current Open Positions
HUMAN RESOURCE / PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Location: McCalla, AL
The Human Resource/Procurement Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support for the human resources department.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
1. Performs benefits administration to include initial and annual open enrollment, claims resolution, and change reporting.
2. Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges reconciles benefits statements.
3. Processes and administers all vacation, leave of absence requests, medical, and personal leave in the ADP Payroll System.
4. Process payroll using the ADP Payroll System.
5. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests, issues, or questions in a quick, equitable, and courteous manner.
6. Prepare reports, such as organizational charts, flow charts, and company phone directories.
7. Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
8. Assist in preparing and maintaining personnel records and handbooks.
9. Responsible for purchasing production material, safety supplies, and personal protective equipment for the company.
10. Researches vendors and collects prices, specifications, and other data related to goods and services.
11. Conducts monthly inventory count of supplies.
12. Runs background reports, schedules new hire drug tests, including reemployment, random, for cause, and post-accident.
13. Assists with various research projects and special projects.
14. Administers employee relations events such as awards, Christmas parties, etc.
15. Act as liaisons between the employees and management to answer any questions having to do with company policies, practices, and regulations.
16. Assist with employee relations matters. Conduct employee investigations, onboarding, and terminations and assists with disciplinary actions.
17. Assist HR Manager with the hiring process, including the job posting online, scheduling interview candidates, and interviewing.
18. Office & Plant – Maintain office and janitorial supplies, and replenishes stock when necessary.
19. Plant – Assistant with the monthly inventory count of production supplies.
20. Office & Plant Building Maintenance – order equipment repairs and services upon instruction.
21. Company Vehicle Maintenance – oil changes, tire rotations, windshield repairs, tune-ups, and maintenance work.
22. Schedule flight reservations for the employees traveling for a business trip
23. Other duties as assigned by Management.
* The Company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: 3 years human resource experience, detail orientated with strong follow-through skills and a strong sense of ownership; ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required, Access preferred.
Certifications & Licenses: HIPPA Certification and Notary Public, a plus
BILINGUAL ENTRY LEVEL ACCOUNT COORDINATOR
Location: McCalla, AL/ Jeffersonville, IN
The ideal candidate for this position should be interested in gaining experience in marketing, sales, and communications while also having experience with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Great opportunities for professional development and career growth. No experience is required.
Manages and maintains an established customer base.
Document customer orders in an accurate and timely manner and provide information as necessary to other departments/individuals within the organization to ensure high-quality customer service.
Identifies current/potential customer and/or vendor complaints and communicates effectively with colleagues and customers to resolve them according to company policy.
Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
Monitors and researches market trends and then documents findings to present to colleagues.
Analyzing the sales numbers by the customer, vendor, or material specification to forecast future sales and purchasing amounts
Contributes to team effort by preparing documents as needed by colleagues.
Visits customer and/or vendor locations as necessary to maintain effective working relationships.
Manages time well in order to complete tasks within allotted time. Files necessary documents in a way that allows them to be referenced easily.
Addresses customer and/or vendors concerns and inquiries in a timely manner.
Exhibits polite, courteous behavior to customers and coworkers, maintains a neat appearance and possesses a strong work ethic and self-motivation.
Additional duties as requested by Management, such as, but not limited to, community volunteer work, department workshops, and customer events.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or closely related field.
Experience: In place of a degree, three years of experience in an office setting is acceptable;
the steel industry preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Other Skills: Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and reliable team member and
Bilingual Korean/English required.